Research study types

Research study types

Research study types available

Degree Full time Part time
MPhil 2 years research 3 years research
PhD 3 years research + 1 year writing up (optional) 5 years research + 2 years writing up (optional)

Split Degrees

We also have split MPhil/PhD possibilities for non-EU students studying abroad. These are normally done on a part time basis where the student studies in their home country at a local university or business and visits Sheffield Hallam University for three months a year by arrangement. During study in the student's home country the supervisor will usually make periodic visits to see the student.

For more information on research study within MERI then why not contact us today?

Want to know more?

If you want to know more about the study opportunities within MERI then click here for details on research degrees at the University.

Cancel event

Are you sure you want to cancel your place on Saturday 12 November?