Thin Films Research Centre
The Thin Films Research Centre focuses on the study of functional films produced by physical and chemical deposition techniques. These include a wide range of applications such as coatings for aerospace, automotive, high value manufacturing, microelectronic applications as well as antimicrobial implants and tools. Another part of the research focuses on optoelectronic devices and sensors.
Informed by fundamental research and modelling we are able to develop novel coating systems and upscale to industrial production specifications.
The centre addresses these topics:
- Plasma surface engineering
- High Power Impulse Magnetron Sputtering (HIPIMS)
- Plasma diagnostics
- Nanostructured PVD Coatings
- Electronic Materials & Devices and Next Generation Thin Films Solar Cells
- Organic Films, Nano-Structures, Chemical and Bio-Sensors
For detailed information, please select the individual group pages below.