The Engineering Thailand project involved a visit to Thailand by staff from SIoE's Centre for Development and Research in Education (CDARE) to explore the provision of STEM education, with a particular emphasis on Engineering, at 195 schools that catered for Thailand’s Gifted and Talented students. A mixture of desk research and structured interviews with teachers and education officials provided a clear view of current provision and informed the development of a new Engineering Framework document for the Ministry of Education, Bangkok.
The project produced:
- A full report on STEM and Engineering provision in Thailand
- A comparison of STEM curricula from the UK and key South East Asian nations
- An Engineering Framework (content and assessment strategies) that supported development of curriculum documents and resources with a strong Thai context for secondary age students
- A workshop for over 50 Thai teachers in Bangkok to present the project and build capacity to further develop it in-country
- A suite of exemplar resources for immediate use in the 195 schools and more widely.