Information for current students
Returning to halls
Did you know that you can return to live in our halls of residence in your second, third or fourth years? Either to the hall you are currently living in or moving in to a different hall. These are our top 5 reasons to stay in halls
- You can apply as a friendship group - remember to apply together and mention each other's names on your online application forms
- No nasty surprises. Clear pricing means that there are no hidden costs. Rents are all inclusive so you know exactly what you're paying - no bills, no arguments, no worries!
- No summer rent - contracts run from September to July (unless you want to extend) so no paying for the time you're not here in the summer.
- You'll have access to our Residential Support Services to help you deal with any issues you experience whilst living away from home - you're never alone!
- Our flexible applications process means you are under no obligation to accept any room offered and won’t be asked to pay a deposit or sign a contract until you’re read
You can apply to return to halls from 1 November 2022.
Get further support
Get support and advice from the Students' Union
Your Student Advice Centre offers free, confidential and independent advice to all Hallam students.
Sheffield Hallam is a safe and tolerant community. We don’t stand for harassment or abuse. If you have experienced sexual violence, harassment, abuse or hate crime report it either anonymously or get support from an adviser.
Get in touch
Our expert advisers are on hand to answer any questions you may have about your accommodation, including the support available to you, tenancy advice, halls and private sector queries, quarantine/self-isolation, and tailored help in finding accommodation for now or next year.
- Live chat for current students - weekly Tuesday & Thursday 1–4pm.
- Other ways to contact us