Returning to halls
Did you know that you can return to our halls of residence in your second, third or fourth years and you can apply to live in the hall where you are currently residing in or move to a different hall? There are many advantages of returning to halls which include
- you are guaranteed a place (conditions apply)
- rent includes utility bills
- there is a variety of room types including en suite
- residential support services are available
- halls are located in popular student areas
- halls offer a safe and secure environment
- contracts run from September through to June/July
- all halls are within walking distance of both City and Collegiate campus
You can apply to return to halls from 1 December.
What happens if I want to move out of my student accommodation before the end of the academic year?
You are committed to pay for your residence for the whole of the academic year and your contract is legally binding. However, in exceptional circumstances you may be able to terminate your contract by finding a suitable student to take your place. Full details are provided in your contract. You may have to pay an administration fee of at least £50.
Private sector housing
We can help you find good quality, safe accommodation in the private sector through our Snug housing scheme.
Housing Fair, Tuesday 29th November 12pm - 5pm at The Students' Union - The HUBS
We recommend that students wait until after the Housing Fair in November before even considering signing up for a tenancy for the next academic year.
Come to the Housing Fair and get the information you need before you sign. The Housing Fair is your best chance of finding a Council approved, 'Snug' registered property.
What to expect from the Fair
- The Advice Centre will be running free Tenancy checks
- Meet landlords with Snug accredited properties
- Get to know your local communities