Weekly live chat
Our live chat will be open to current students weekly on Tuesday & Thursday from 1–4pm.
We'll have our expert advisers on hand to answer any questions you may have about your accommodation, including the support available to you, tenancy advice, halls and private sector queries, quarantine/self-isolation, and tailored help in finding accommodation for now or next year.
Returning to halls
Did you know that you can return to live in our halls of residence in your second, third or fourth years? Either to the hall you are currently living in or moving in to a different hall. There are many advantages of returning to halls which include;
- you are guaranteed a place (conditions apply)
- rent includes utility bills
- there is a variety of room types including en suite
- residential support services are available
- halls are located in popular student areas
- halls offer a safe and secure environment
- contracts run from September through to June/July
- all halls are within walking distance of both City and Collegiate campus
You can apply to return to halls from 9 November.
Private sector housing
What happens if I want to move out of my student accommodation before the end of the academic year?
You are committed to pay for your residence for the whole of the academic year and your contract is legally binding. However, in exceptional circumstances you may be able to terminate your contract by finding a suitable student to take your place. Full details are provided in your contract. You may have to pay an administration fee of at least £50.