We have a variety of room types to suit all budgets from £85 to £140 per week all in self-catered residences. Wherever you live, you will be within walking distance of our campuses. Our halls of residence are only suitable for individuals or couples on full time courses. Unfortunately, we do not offer family accommodation.
Applying for halls of residence
- Apply online as soon as you have received a course offer
- Undergraduates will receive an accommodation offer once your status has changed through UCAS to an unconditional firm and all academic requirements have been met
- If you have accepted an offer of accommodation and are unsuccessful in obtaining a UK Visa you must inform Accommodation Services and your landlord as soon as possible, and no later than 10 days prior to the start of your accommodation contract for a full refund of rent (admin charges may apply). Failure to do so may result in the contract and associated fees being upheld.
Private sector accommodation
- You should apply for private sector accommodation on this website
- Once you have applied you will receive tailored support and advice to help you find suitable private sector accommodation
- If you want to find private sector accommodation, we recommend that you finalise arrangements after you have arrived in Sheffield. You should plan an early arrival and set a few days aside for this task
- You should book into a hotel prior to your arrival which will give you the chance to visit Accommodation Services, view properties and meet the landlords
- When looking for private sector accommodation you can use studentpad to search for snug accredited properties
- Any special requirements which would assist in the allocation of accommodation should be made clear upon application
- All room allocations are made in line with our equality and diversity guidelines and accommodation allocation criteria.
- You will be expected to have a guarantor, if this is not an option you may be required to pay the full annual rent on acceptance of an offer of accommodation
- If you are not able to source a guarantor, Accommodation Services have arranged optional guarantor cover which can be purchased and used across allocated halls of residence for rooms with a rent of up to £5400 only. Further information will be provided alongside your room offer. Contact Accommodation Services for details
- If you decide to choose private sector accommodation please ensure that you do not transfer any money to the landlord until you have either seen the property or have received and read your tenancy contract in detail.
- If you are arriving to the UK earlier than the contract start date and wish to move into your room at this time you should contact your landlord to make arrangements. If it is not possible to move into your allocated room you may be offered an alternative room or be required to book into a hotel for that period.
The University's international experience team support students throughout your time at Sheffield Hallam runs a welcome programme each year for more information visit the International Experience web page.