To apply for one of our foundation year courses in clearing call us on 0330 024 6390
What is a foundation year?
Foundation years are an alternative route to studying a full degree. You take a one-year course which allows you to progress on to the first year of one of our undergraduate degree programmes.
Who is a foundation year for?
A foundation year could be right for you if
- you don't yet have the right qualifications for a full degree in your chosen subject
- you have the qualifications but you don't feel ready for degree-level study yet
- you're returning to study and feel you need some help to get up to speed with the demands of learning before starting an undergraduate degree
Why choose a foundation year?
- Adapt to life at uni and a different way of learning as you transition to degree-level study.
- Gain a strong foundation of knowledge and experience in the subject, so you're ready to successfully complete a full degree.
- You can apply for financial support from Student Finance England during your foundation year.
What foundation years are available?
We offer over 90 undergraduate degrees with foundation level entry. Search for the right foundation year for you here.
You can also study one of seven general foundation year courses. These are foundation years that cover a whole subject area. You choose which degree course to progress onto at the end of the foundation year.