Advancing Learning and Teaching Practice (distance learning)
This module follows the Learning and Teaching for Practice module and it provides you with the opportunity to critically analyse and create new insights into your role as educator in the work place through the construction, delivery and evaluation of educational provision to enhance patient care. Thus, the module will help you meet the challenge of developing a flexible workforce that can address future changes in health and social care.
Who the module is aimed at
This module is for all health and social care professionals with an interest in learning and teaching, who wish to develop their skills and expertise in education. The module is aimed at both early career educators and those experienced in role who wish to explore and develop their educational practice in an organisational context.
Benefits of taking the module to the individual, the organisation and the patient
This module will enable you to consider your organisational and educational needs whilst constructing and enhancing educational support and provision in the workplace. This will allow you to professionally develop as an educational leader whilst meeting wider organisational and national aims in developing a competent and capable workforce to meet patient care needs.
What you learn
You will be able to explore your educator role in the context of your organisation and working environment and consider new ways of working to assess, influence and positively effect education in your workplace. You will learn in a multi-professional environment which helps to broaden understanding of the wider health and social care challenges and needs.
General areas covered
- Appraisal of theories and practices in the workplace context
- Healthcare and the learning culture
- Quality enhancement
- Learning communities
- Self as a change agent
- Collaborative working across professional boundaries
Skills gained for the workplace, technical skills or academic skills
- Critical thinking
- Critical appraisal
- Educational practice development
Unique or interesting features
Innovative and creative approaches to learning and teaching that can be role-modelled and assimilated in to your practice.
To study this distance learning module you will require access to a computer with:
- a reliable internet connection
- Microsoft or Apple Mac Supported Office Software
- the current version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
Fees and Funding for 2022/23
|Indicative price for stand-alone module||
Home student: £710
EU / International students: £1205 - this is part-time study and therefore cannot provide sponsorship for Tier 4.
|How to apply||
To apply for a self-funded place, please complete and return the application form below:
To apply for a Workforce Development / Workforce Transformation funding WDF/WTF funded place, please complete and return the relevant application form below
- Normally, applicants will hold a first degree / professional qualification which is recognised in the UK in a related health care subject. Typically first degree level or equivalent.
- Usually 3 years full time experience (or part-time equivalence) in relevant professional practice over the preceding 10 years. (3 years minimum for NMC Teacher applicants)
- An appropriate professional qualification: NMC SPECIFIC: Entry on an appropriate part of the NMC Professional Register; if requiring NMC Teacher status.
- In addition, recognised qualification in specific field of practice; Usually has an NMC approved Mentor qualification or equivalent with appropriate experience. Must be educated to first degree level. Verification form (see appendix a) to be completed through application process to the course, to identify NMC approved assessor.
- You will require a reliable internet connection.
- Where English is not your first language you require an IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each skill area.
This module is delivered via distance learning
Module assessment is made up of one or more assessment tasks. The assessment task(s) for this module are:
- Practice Portfolio
Successful completion of this module will earn you 15 level 7 credits