Managing Long Term Conditions
If you are a healthcare professional wishing to develop a career pathway or specialist interest in caring for patients with long term conditions, this module will equip you with the necessary knowledge and skills of critical evaluation, reasoned thinking and robust decision making to do this. This will meet your specific continuing professional development needs when considering a variety of long term conditions and their impact on patients, carers and the wider community.
Who the course is aimed at
Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Practice Nurses, GPs, GP trainees, Allied Health Professionals, Paramedics.
Benefits of taking the module to the individual, the organisation and the patient
- Improved confidence in managing patients with long term conditions in a variety of settings
- Developing your skills so that you can become a resource for your colleagues, organisation and patients
- Improved patient outcomes from your more specialist interventions
What you learn
- The variety of long term conditions patients may be affected by
- The different approaches employed to support patients and their families
- Different therapeutic approaches, new medications and lifestyle modifications
General areas covered
- Aetiology of the disease processes undergone by the brain and body and treatments available
- Long term condition management in the primary and secondary care settings, including the differences between respiratory conditions, types of diabetes, mental health problems and other LTCs
- Prevention and management of complications
- Improved outcomes for patients
- Self management, patient engagement and self care
Skills gained for the workplace, technical skills or academic skills
Ability to deal with patients with multi pathologies.
Unique or interesting features
Some sessions taught by honorary professors who are working clinicians.
Fees and Funding for 2022/23
|Indicative price for stand-alone module||
Home student: £1,415
EU / International students: £2,410 - this is part-time study and therefore cannot provide sponsorship for Tier 4.
|How to apply||
To apply for a self-funded place, please complete and return the application form below:
To apply for a Workforce Development / Workforce Transformation funding WDF/WTF funded place, please complete and return the relevant application form below:
• Relevant professional qualification
• Relevant work experience
• Relevant workplace opportunities and organisational support
(The above must be evidenced in the applicants application form)
International students must have reliable internet access and supply IELTS scores 6.5.
Module assessment is made up of one or more assessment tasks. The assessment task(s) for this module are:
- Case Study
Successful completion of this module will earn you 30 level 7 credits