Professional Development in Radiotherapy and Oncology
This module aims to provide a framework of analysis, reflection and experiential learning to support practitioners working in the field of radiotherapy and oncology in achieving personal, professional and academic development. The emphasis within the module is for learners to critically reflect on current practice, professional roles within the multi-disciplinary team and statutory / professional body requirements and utilise this to enhance your practice
Who the course is aimed at
This module is aimed at Therapy Radiographers and health care professionals working in the radiotherapy and oncology field.
Benefits of taking the course to the individual, the organisation and the patient
Your portfolio allows you to provide evidence of academic and clinical learning in a wider range of clinical practice and develop your own professional profile.
What you learn
You will create an innovative Professional Development Portfolio (PDP) that demonstrates your continuing professional development in a wide range of practices. You will be able to critically reflect on your widening professional role, responsibilities and the impact this has on service delivery.
General areas covered
- Theoretical framework of reflective practice
- Reflective writing
- Supporting learners in the workplace
- Personal and professional career development planning
- Principles, concepts and issues associated with portfolio development and maintenance.
- Selection and justification of evidence associated with role and the creation of evidential packages.
Skills gained for the workplace, technical skills or academic skills
- Evidenced based practice
- Reflective practice
- Critical appraisal and analysis
- Career planning/ progression
Unique or interesting features
You will have regular online opportunities to discuss and share practice and ideas with others on the module and gain feedback from your tutor.
Pending accreditation by the Society and College of Radiographers (SCoR)
To Study this distance learning module you will require access to a computer with:
- a reliable internet connection
- Microsoft or Apple Mac Supported Office Software
- the current version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
Fees and Funding for 2021/22
|Indicative price for stand-alone module||
Home student: £1,415
EU / International students: £1,415 - this is part-time study and therefore cannot provide sponsorship for Tier 4.
This module attracts Workforce Development / Workforce Transformation funding WDF/WTF by the following schemes::
|How to apply||
To apply for a self-funded place, please complete and return the application form below:
To apply for a Workforce Development / Workforce Transformation funding WDF/WTF funded place, please complete and return the relevant application form below
- Relevant professional qualification
- Relevant work experience
- Relevant workplace opportunities and organisational support
- Reliable internet connection
- If English is not your first language you must have an IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each skill area
The above must be evidenced in your application form
This module is delivered via distance learning
This module is planned to commence in January 2022. The module is delivered over a 12 week period.
This module is delivered via distance learning. Attendance at the university is not required but engagement with online activity is expected.
Module assessment is made up of one or more assessment tasks. The assessment task(s) for this module are:
Successful completion of this module will earn you 30 level 7 credits