< Back to Autumn open day booking form
We know that travel costs can be expensive, and we wanted to make it as easy as possible for you to experience our Autumn open days. That’s why we're offering up to £30 towards travel costs following attendance at the event. Terms and conditions apply.
What is available
Prospective students visiting us from:
- A home address with a Sheffield (S) postcode can receive £15
- A home address which is not a Sheffield (S) postcode can receive £30
You can only receive one payment and payments can only be made to prospective students. Payments cannot be made to friends or family members that attend the open day with a prospective student.
Who can apply
- You can apply if you have booked to attend the open days on either Sunday 8 October, Saturday 28 October, Sunday 26 November or our open evening on 6 December 2023.
- You must have attended the open day or open evening on one of the above days in person.
- You can only claim for one event in the series.
- You must have checked in on arrival at Sheffield Hallam. No payment can be made without a record of your check-in.
- You do not need to have applied for a place at Sheffield Hallam to apply.
- You must have a UK bank account in your name. We cannot make payments to international bank accounts.
- You cannot apply if you are a current student at Sheffield Hallam.
When to apply
Application forms to claim for each event will open as follows:
- Event 1 (8 Oct) - 9 to 15th October
- Event 2 (28 Oct) - 30 October to 5 November
- Event 3 (26 Nov) - 27 November to 3 December
- Event 4 (6 Dec) - 7 December – 12 December
How to apply
You will need to submit a short form after attending the open day. The form will ask you for:
- your name and email address
- your home address
- a form of photo ID
- your bank account details
We will contact you by email after the open day and provide you with a link to the form.
How payments will be made
Payments will be made by secure electronic transfer, no money will be handed out on the day of the event.
Additional support towards open day travel costs may be available for students from certain groups via our SHU Progress scheme.
Ready to book on to the open day?
Visit our booking page to find out more about our Autumn open days.