We’re as interested as you in helping you make the most of your business’s people, processes and places. It’s your job to manage your assets as effectively possible, and it’s ours to enable the facilities managers of today and tomorrow. If you're looking for high-quality facilities management (FM) training and education, our courses are delivered by some of Europe’s leading academics in the field, and are recognised by the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM). From qualifications like new degree apprenticeships or courses specifically tailored to your organisation’s needs, work with us to upskill your staff and strengthen your business’s assets.
- We’ve designed training courses and qualifications for major facilities group Kier
- We tackled the challenge of an ageing workforce for Health Facilities Scotland
- We’re working with the European Space Agency providing CPD workshops for facilities managers from across Europe
- We’re delivering workshops for Manchester City Football Club to help them explore and develop their facilities management strategy
We’ve been delivering facilities management education for over twenty years and are the leading provider of part-time, postgraduate FM education in the UK. Our academic experts come from industry backgrounds and combine intellectual rigour with the latest business thinking.
Our students come from a diverse range of work settings and bring that knowledge into their studies, co-creating learning experiences. They benefit from our research-active department’s close links with industry and insights informed by the latest practice. The results speak for themselves: we polled 100% student satisfaction in 2016’s Postgraduate Student Survey.
- Certificate/Foundation Degree Facilities Management
- Degree or masters apprenticeships in facilities management
- BA (Honours) Facilities Management (top up)
- Executive MBA (Facilities Management)
All our courses are BIFM-recognised, so you’ll earn a professional qualification as well as an academic one, once you graduate.
Find out more about our new degree apprenticeship
Our research themes capture the interdisciplinary nature of facilities management, with a focus on people. Current activities illustrate: the management of change, delivery of sustainability, women in leadership, and the role of place in organisations.
We were partners in the development of the Stoddart review: The Workplace Advantage and have a strong record for contract research. Recent research includes the FM Market Survey 2016 and Tales of the unexpected: perceptions of excellence in facilities services.
Our help and advice for your business
Are you looking for better ways to manage your assets? Our facilities management experts offer specialist consultancy and research services to help your business with particular challenges. We can also design courses specifically for your workforce.