Transform Together Scholarships
Transform Together Scholarships are exclusively for international and European Union (non-UK) students starting a full-time taught course in 2019/20. A half fee waiver (50% discount) is available for postgraduate courses* and for each year of an undergraduate degree.
Scholarships are awarded to students who can demonstrate excellent academic achievement. Applicants also need to describe how they will stand out from the crowd as an ambassador for Sheffield Hallam University during and after their studies.
We are no longer accepting scholarship applications for courses starting in September 2019.
We are now accepting scholarship applications for courses starting in January 2020. The closing date for applications is 1 November 2019.
I have always wanted to study architecture since I was young. I applied for the Transform Together Scholarship and I was so happy when I received an email saying I had got the scholarship. It gave me the opportunity to study in the UK.
Adeline Tui, from Malaysia
MSc Technical Architecture
How do I apply?
To apply for a Transform Together Scholarship for January 2020, please follow these steps
- Apply for a course at Sheffield Hallam. If you have not applied for a course, please visit our online prospectus
- Check you meet the scholarship eligibility criteria listed below
- When you have accepted an offer to study on a course here, apply for a scholarship online using the link below by the closing date of 1 November 2019
The Transform Together scholarship award from the university is a great honour, and with my experience at Sheffield Hallam, I have become more optimistic, determined, focused and gained better interpersonal skills.
Ifeyinwa Aniunoh, from Nigeria
MSc International Events and Conference Management
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply for one of these scholarships you must
- be an international or a European Union (non-UK) fee paying student
- (postgraduate only) - have achieved a minimum 2.1 or equivalent in your honours degree and must meet the English and academic entry requirements for your course.
- (undergraduate only) - have achieved the English and academic entry requirements for the course. If you are awarded an undergraduate scholarship, you must successfully complete each year of study to continue to receive the fee waiver.
- have accepted an offer for a full-time taught undergraduate or postgraduate course at Sheffield Hallam University.
- be fully self-funding your studies. Please see our frequently asked questions if you are unsure if this applies to you.
- be able to pay any additional fees your course may require, for example field trips
- not have already started the course for which you are applying for a scholarship. See our frequently asked questions for more details.
You are not eligible to apply if you
- are receiving full or partial funding for your studies from a sponsor or other scholarship provider
- are applying to study a Sheffield Hallam course at a partner institution outside the UK, or
- have an offer for our Graduate Certificate International Pre-Masters in Business and English OR International Foundation Programme in Art, Design and Media OR Business, Law and Social Sciences, OR Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths. You can apply for a scholarship for the course that you will progress onto following successful completion of the preparation programme.
For more information
Please see our frequently asked questions.