Part of the College of Health, Wellbeing and Life Sciences, we're one of the largest providers of nursing and midwifery education in the UK. We provide education and training for all fields of nursing – adult, child, mental health and learning disabilities – and midwifery.
- Our nursing and midwifery courses are approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Council and offer direct entry into the relevant career
- We can train you to become a registered nurse or midwife, whether or not you already have a degree
- Half of your time is spent on placement in a real work environment
- We provide quality research-led teaching combined with practical experience in a variety of clinical settings
- For course fees and further information on scholarships and bursaries please visit our fees and funding pages. Further information on the changes to the funding for health courses is available here
Continuing professional development
For existing nursing and midwifery professionals, we offer a wide range of continuing professional development courses, with flexible ways of studying including taught and distance learning and work-based learning..