The Hallam Achieve programme ("Achieve") is specifically for international students, and is designed to enhance your career readiness and employability success by helping you to identify and articulate your skills, knowledge and experience in an appropriate and professional way.
Through a series of interactive workshops, events and a practice interview, you will take ownership of your personal career journey, improve your confidence in navigating the recruitment process and shape your future success!
You are eligible to apply if you are:
- An international undergraduate student in your 2nd or final year during the Academic year 2020-2021; OR
- An international postgraduate student
You are not eligible to apply if you:
- Are not a current international SHU student for the Academic year 2020-2021
Applications are open from 7 December 2020 - 5pm, 5 February 2021. Applicants will be contacted on 11 February and advised whether or not their application has been successful. Hallam Achieve will run from 16 February to 21 April 2021.
It includes the following elements:
Events (compulsory) designed to help build your experience and skills:
- Welcome event on 16 February (2-4pm)
- Mock interview on 14 April (20 minutes, time to be confirmed bet 9am-5pm)
- Celebration Event on 21 April (2-4pm)
Workshops (compulsory) for you to gain practical skills that could prove invaluable for your career:
4 core workshops:,
- Wed 17 Feb: Workshop 1 (CVs), 2-4pm
- Wed 24 Feb: Workshop 2 (LinkedIn), 2-4pm
- Thurs (*) 4 Mar: Workshop 3 (Different routes into employment), 2-4pm
- Wed 10 Mar: Workshop 4 (Interviews), 2-4pm
(*) Please note the change in day, for this week only.
2 optional discussion sessions (which will require some pre-work if students wish to attend):
- Wed 17 Mar: Resilience, 2-4pm
- Wed 24 Mar: Networking, 2-4pm
Please note – some sessions may not last for the whole 2 hours depending on the content to be covered and how much discussion there is, however students are asked to allow for 2 hours’ attendance on all weeks.
Upon completion of your Achieve personal journey of discovery, as well as the invaluable skills and relationships you will have developed throughout the program, you will also:
- Receive a Certificate of attendance, outlining the workshops you have completed;
- Have gained in confidence in how to apply for degree-specific jobs;
- Know how to articulate your strengths to a potential employer;
- Have developed key soft skills that employers look for in graduates.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
You can view FAQS on our Hallam Achieve FAQ document (PDF, 26.1KB)
How to apply
Please complete the Achieve Application Form
If you have any additional questions after reading the above, please contact Sara Sullivan, Employability Adviser, at email@example.com