What is LinkedIn Learning?
LinkedIn Learning (previously Lynda.com) is an online educational platform that helps you discover and develop your creative, technology-related and study skills through expert-led course videos. Each course is delivered by an expert in the subject and is broken down into a series of short videos that are easy to follow. Completing a course in LinkedIn Learning earns you certification that you can post to your LinkedIn profile.
Creating a LinkedIn Learning account
To create a LinkedIn Learning account, whether you were a previous Lynda.com user or not, follow the guidance below:
PDF guide to creating an account
Logging into LinkedIn Learning
To login to LinkedIn Learning after setting up your account please follow the link below:
- To log in, click the following link LinkedIn Learning
- Enter your University Username and Password.
- You will be asked if you would like to connect using your LinkedIn account (see more about LinkedIn). Select either Connect my LinkedIn account if you have one and want to OR select Continue without connecting my LinkedIn account.
- If you have connected your LinkedIn and LinkedIn Learning accounts, you may also be prompted to log in using you personal LinkedIn username and password.
- You may also be asked to confirm your identity for the LinkedIn platform.
- You’re in!
How to use LinkedIn Learning
LinkedIn have produced a short PDF guide which demonstrates some of the key features you can use to make the most out of LinkedIn Learning.
View the support guide here.
There is also a short video that highlights the key features