Supervisor and Practice Educator Updates
The following Core areas must be included in all Supervisor, Mentor and Practice Educator updates:
- HCPC professional standards, including new SCPE
- Overview of the students' university programme
- Assessment process that occurs in practice
- Process to follow when a student is failing to progress
- How to access placement information websites for key information and SHU contacts
- How to access placement information websites for key information about support available to Mentors/Practice Educators/Supervisors in their role in supporting the students
- Where SHU placement learning policies are housed on the SHU placement learning websites
- Processes for escalation of concerns, and the essential need for the placement provider to communicate with the university about any incidents or accidents or concerns
Degree Apprenticeship - resources to support the role of the Work Based Mentor.
Work Based Mentor Website - this site contains resources designed to support the role of the Work Based Mentor who is supporting students on the Degree Apprenticeship route.