The benefits of Higher and Degree apprenticeships
Higher and degree apprenticeships allow young people and adults to earn while they learn and progress into highly skilled occupations.
After finishing, 77% of apprentices stay with the same employer, 46% received a pay rise, and 36% reported getting a promotion.*
If you choose to do a higher or degree apprenticeship you’ll benefit from
- Increased lifetime earning potential of around £150,000 (Source: University Education)
- No debt via student loans as higher apprenticeships are funded by employers and the government
- A clear pathway to achieving your ambitions in the workplace – Statistics from the National Apprenticeships Service show that 23 per cent of apprentices surveyed were promoted within 12 months of finishing their apprenticeship.
- A salary and guaranteed job while you study
- The potential to achieve graduate and postgraduate-level qualifications
- Employers are expected to offer you the chance to stay and progress in your job after the apprenticeship
- New opportunities for career progression if you’re already in work
- The chance to gain professional accreditation and membership
* Statistics from GOV.UK