Enrolment Guidance for International Students
All students at Sheffield Hallam University must enrol before they start their course. Enrolment is a form of contract with the University; enrolling means that you accept the terms and conditions of this contract. Once you have enrolled fully, you have full access to all University facilities and resources.
Enrolment is online, so you can access it before arriving in the UK. However to become fully enrolled, there are further tasks you must complete after you have arrived in the UK, therefore you must allow time for this before the start date of your course.
To view the enrolment guidance presentation, please watch the video here. The presentation takes you through everything you will need to know to fully enrol.
This step-by-step guidance will help you with the enrolment process:
- You will have received an unconditional offer of a place at the University. You must accept this offer before you can enrol.
- Activate your student account using this guidance (PDF, 643KB).
- If you have an international fee status and are a postgraduate taught or undergraduate applicant starting a new course in January 2024, you were required to pay £3,000 deposit before you received your Confirmation of Acceptance for Study (CAS) from Sheffield Hallam University. You will then also need to pay an additional £5,000 before you can enrol at the University.
Find out how you can pay here. We recommend you make your payment online, as bank transfers make take up to 4 weeks to clear. You cannot fully enrol until the payment has cleared.
It is recommended that payment of tuition fees is received by the University no later than 1 December to give enough time for the payment to be cleared. Payments received after this date may delay your enrolment.
- Enrolment will begin on 4 January 2024. You will receive an email inviting you to enrol at Sheffield Hallam. Save the email as it contains important information.
- If you have not received your enrolment email by 15 January 2024, please contact the Enrolment Helpline at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 44 (0) 114 478 1478
- If you have an issue with your enrolment task it may be because the University has not yet received your fee payment. If you have allowed enough time for the payment to arrive (see point 3), please follow the instructions on your enrolment task to upload evidence of payment, e.g. bank transfer receipt, bank telex notification or sponsorship document.
- You must enrol before your course starts. You can enrol before you arrive in the UK, you will be conditionally enrolled until you arrive in the UK and complete the final part of your enrolment. This is normal and nothing to worry about; you will have access to everything a fully enrolled student has, including Blackboard and your timetable.
- All international students, i.e. students with a non-British/non-Irish nationality, are required to attend an on-campus document verification event after arriving in the UK to complete their enrolment. The event will run from 4 – 19 January 2024. You will receive an invitation to the event via email. Please attend shortly after you have collected your BRP card, to ensure you can be fully enrolled without delay.
You will need to bring the following original documents with you to the document verification event:
• 30 or 90-day entry visa vignette (Student visa holders only)
• BRP card*
• visa/residence permit
*If you are a Student visa holder, you should collect your BRP card before attending the event. If you hold electronic visa status, please generate a right to study share code.
- You will receive an email confirming you are fully enrolled once your documents have been verified. If we require further information or documents, we will send you an email, so please check your Sheffield Hallam email account regularly.
Need help? Email email@example.com or Tel: 44 (0) 114 478 1478