Our brains can be affected by illnesses and injury that result in impairments to thought process and behaviours. Neuro cognitive testing uses non-invasive methods to explore impairments to the brain and the resulting changes to cognition and behaviour.
Testing methods include pen and paper tests, practical tasks and cutting edge technologies such as retinal scanning, eye tracking, EEG and computer-based assessments.
Tests can precisely measure specific cognitive functions such as: memory, language, emotion, perception, attention, decision-making and executive functions. They can also be used to measure emotion, bodily responses, eating behaviour, sleep patterns and autonomic physical change.
By understanding how these functions are affected by changes to the brain, and how we can change these functions in a positive way, we can work to develop supportive assessments and novel interventions.
Some of our recent research projects include:
Cutting-edge laboratories and equipment
We use a wide range of specialist equipment, including:
- speech laboratory
- EEg laboratory
- eye-tracking laboratory (mobile and static)
- video recording and observation suite
- retinal imaging laboratory (mobile and static)
- food testing and food preparation laboratory
- psychophysiology laboratory
- extensive, well stocked test library including neuropsychological and cognitive tests, extensive questionnaires and measures of emotion.