Student and Practice Evaluations
All placements should be evaluated as part of the quality assurance process. These processes are shared across the College of Health, Wellbeing and Life Sciences. Please see separate sections below for Healthcare and Social Care settings. For BSc Applied Nursing and Social Work please see the documents from both settings and use them accordingly.
Healthcare: Student Placement Evaluations
For many healthcare placements the following process can be followed by students to complete placement evaluations. Students MUST NOT include the names of staff, service users or carers, or any other individuals in their evaluations of placement learning. If students have any concerns about the placement to report, they must report this in the Accidents, Incidents and Concerns on Placements Report Form.
Completing and submitting your Placement Evaluation - important, please read
- Student Guide to Submitting your Evaluation (PDF, 506.4KB) - this document provides full guidance on how to submit your evaluation on PEMS (placements in East Midlands Region, out of area and simulation placements) or PARE (placements in Yorkshire and Humber region).
- Students must not include the names of staff, service users or carers in their evaluations of placement learning.
- If you have any questions or need help please contact the Professional Placements Team on
- Allied Health Professions (0114) 225 3028
- Nursing and Midwifery (0114) 225 5013
Social Care: Social Work Evaluations
The following documents contain the evaluation questions currently used to gain feedback from Practice Educators and/or Practice Supervisors and Students, following each Practice Learning Experience.
The following documents describe and illustrate the evaluation process
Working with Children, Young People and Families (CYPF)
The following documents contain the evaluation questions currently used to gain feedback from Work Based Learning placement supervisors and students, following each Work Based Learning placement experience.