Student representatives play a vital role in ensuring that the student voice is listened to and acted upon. They provide an important link between students, the Students' Union, and university staff.
What is a student rep?
Student Reps work with students and university staff to identify successes, challenges and issues affecting the educational experiences in their area.
What to know about Student Reps:
- They work to represent the views of their fellow students
- Student Reps work in partnership with staff to contribute to positive changes on their course
- They take part in training sessions about how to represent students views effectively
- Student Reps develop transferable skills such as public speaking, problem solving and team working
- They can also apply for the Hallam Award
Two types of Student Representative