Integrated Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management
Behind every product and service there is a supply chain. Ever growing globalisation continues to make supply chain operations complex and regular proliferation of innovative technologies is rapidly changing customer behaviours which impact upon operational dynamics of supply chains. Driven by digital technologies presented by Industry 4.0, manufacturing and supply chains continue to present stimulating and varying research challenges.
Integrated Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management Research Group is a multi-disciplinary research team with expertise to address different research facets. It involves Sheffield Hallam academics, their research alumni, selected staff from overseas academic partners and industry associates. Together, this group aims to make advances in integrated manufacturing, logistics and supply management research and make real-world impact through consultancy, knowledge transfer and CPD services.
Key research themes include;
- Design, planning and controlling of 21st manufacturing systems
- Integration of SAP and Industry 4.0
- Supply chain performance management
- Supply chain modelling and simulation
- Lean and Six-Sigma
- Big Data and supply chains
- Automation in logistics and supply chains
- Supply chain operations management
- Design, planning and optimisation of logistics operations
- Integrated technologies in manufacturing and supply chain management
Highly successful, MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management course is closely linked to the research group enabling students to learn the latest advances in the field and conduct their dissertations work with the researchers. The course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT UK) and the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).