Following confirmation that you have firmly accepted an unconditional offer to study at Sheffield Hallam University, allocation will be based upon
- the date your application was received
- the availability of your accommodation preferences
- exceptional circumstances (eg medical criteria)
Sheffield Hallam University reserves the right to change any offer of accommodation. Only Accommodation Services can guarantee your place in the halls of residence which are displayed on this website.
- We will guarantee to offer you a room in one of our halls of residence if we receive your application by 1 August, based on demand and availability.
- If we receive your application after this date we will still process your application and find you a place to live.
We guarantee to offer you a room in your preferred residence provided we receive your application by 31 March and subject to the terms outlined below.
- An offer of accommodation will only be made once we have checked your suitability as a returning student with your previous landlord/hall manager.
- Only the halls requested can be guaranteed. Individual room numbers or room type requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Group application requests received after 31 March may not be considered. An alternative option may be offered to groups where demand is high.
- If we receive your application after 31 March, we cannot guarantee to offer you your preferred choice of accommodation.
- Wherever possible all flats within halls will be allocated on a mixed-gender basis.
- Please explain any preference or requirement for single-gender accommodation in the notes section of your application.
- No guarantee can be made where demand is high for single-gender accommodation. This may result in being allocated to an alternative residence and in some cases may also be above your preferred budget.
When will I hear back about my application?
|Student Type||When will I hear from Accommodation Services?|
|I am awaiting my A-Level results||From results day until the end of August|
|I'm going to be a returning student||From February to mid-August|
|I already have an unconditional offer||From February to mid-August|
|I'm going to be a January or February starter||From 9 November|
|I'm going to be a March nurse||From February|