Research and Innovation Committee
Terms of Reference
- To advise the Academic Board and the Vice Chancellor’s Group in relation to:
- The University’s strategies for research, innovation and regional economic development;
- The policies required for, and the impact of other University policies on, the implementation of the strategies;
- The response to external bodies where their policies and initiatives have a major impact on the strategies;
- The selective prioritisation of support for research and innovation and the deployment of related funding;
- The organisational structures for delivering research and innovation, and the criteria and procedures for University recognition.
- To receive reports on:
- The implementation of policies through the approved frameworks;
- The success of the University in meeting the research, innovation and regional economic development strategy targets;
- College Research and Innovation Activities.
- To advise Colleges through the provision of appropriate frameworks, processes and examples of good practice.
- To establish such sub-committees and working groups as may be necessary to support effective discharge of the terms of reference.
- To report annually to the Academic Board on the operation of the Committee and on the policies and their implementation within the Committee’s purview.
- To advise the Research Excellence Framework Implementation Group (RIG) as may be necessary to support the effective implementation of the Research Excellence Framework