Disabled Student Support

If you have a disability, including a long term medical condition, a specific learning difficulty e.g. dyslexia, or a mental health condition, you can access additional support for your academic studies whilst at University.

Our services

Register with Disabled Student Support

Register to get support. New applicants can register from April. Current students can register at any time.

Find out more

Get evidence for your disability

You need to provide evidence of your disability to get support. The evidence you need depends on your disability.

Find out more

The Sheffield Regional Assessment Centre

Provide Study Needs Assessments for your Disabled Students Allowance.

Find out more

Learning Contracts

Learning contracts are written by Disabled Student Support. They give relevant staff the information they need to support you.

Find out more

Disabled Students' Allowances

Find out what extra funding is available, and who can apply for it.

Find out more

Contact an adviser

You can make an appointment for a Quick Query, meet with a Disability Adviser to discuss your Learning Contract or book a Study Needs Assessment if you're eligible for Disabled Students' Allowances.

Quick queries

Guidance appointments (for students with learning contracts)

Other appointments

Hallam Help

Can't find what you need?

For any other questions, visit Hallam Help. You can search for answers to common questions online, or speak to an adviser via live chat and one-on-one appointments.

Hallam Help
Student support

Ask a question online

Make and track an enquiry using your University account

Ask a question
Multiple speech bubbles

Live chat with us

Our team members are available 9am–5pm every weekday

Start a chat
Magnifying glass graphic

Find answers online

Our Knowledge Base has answers to loads of common questions

Search Hallam Help