Corrosion and Structural Integrity
We are highly active in the research and analysis of materials applicable to the offshore, aerospace, automotive and electrical power industries.
Structural design and integrity is of critical importance in these fields because of the higher potential risks of catastrophic structural failures, due to corrosion, stress fatigue and other environmental factors. Fortunately MERI offer a broad range of solutions to assist in the minimalisation of these effects on your products.
We can simulate and investigate a broad range of structural integrity issues within a broad range of operating conditions. Load capacities up to 250KN (dynamic) and temperatures of up to 350 degrees Celsius as well as slow strain corrosion testing.
Our areas of expertise include
- Assessment of material suitability
- Construction materials
- Corrosion fatigue
- Corrosion and structural integrity facilities
- Crack growth and monitoring
- Diagnosis and remediation strategies
- Failure analysis
- Fatigue and fracture of materials
- Fretting fatigue
- Life cycle asset management
- Multi-axial fatigue
- Modelling of structural damage
- New sol-gel coatings fight corrosion and improve environmental friendliness
- Spectroscopy and microscopy
- Structural design and stress analysis