Skip to content

Undergraduate route into teaching

Undergraduate route into teaching

If you don’t already have a degree, our undergraduate courses provide everything you need to start a career in teaching.

Qualified Teacher Status

You need Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) to teach in primary, secondary and special schools that are funded by local authorities.

We offer QTS courses for early-year settings, such as nurseries and primary schools, and specific courses that qualify you to work in a secondary school. These are three-year, full-time courses. But if you already have undergraduate credits, you can apply for part-time, two-year courses at both early years and primary levels.

All our courses provide uni-based study time and school placement experiences. So by the time you graduate, you’ll have the knowledge and skills to take control of any class. 

How to apply

Explore your options by looking at our undergraduate QTS courses. You can apply for your teaching degree at UCAS.