Acts of kindness towards other people like volunteering in your local community, can give you a sense of purpose. It can make you feel happier and more satisfied with life.
Evidence suggests actions and thoughts have the biggest impact on mental wellbeing which can include helping or working with others. Here is how you can give for wellbeing:
- Volunteering - the Students’ Union have opportunities including being a Nightline volunteer or teaching mindfulness in schools.
- Smile, compliment or encourage - show someone that you appreciate them.
- Talk to a friend - call or message someone you've not spoken to in a while.
- Become a mentor - the University has a range of opportunities like culture connect.
- Become a course or department rep - collect feedback and have a say on course changes.