We are leaders in the use of state-of-the-art technology and equipment to support our teaching. So in addition to well equipped lecture theatres and seminar rooms, we have an extensive range of specialist teaching facilities which enable us to accurately recreate the workplace on campus. For example, students use augmented reality – computerised applications that simulate real-life medical scenarios – to train in how to interact with patients in different situations and during medical procedures. Our learners have the opportunity to practise with functioning medical equipment and to learn in a reliable but safe and supportive environment.
Our simulation facilities include:
- Digital Xray suite with mannequins with simulated bones, joints and internal organs
- Operating theatre with scrub room
- Hospital wards, including a maternity ward
- SIMulation mannequins programmable for clinical conditions.
- 3D virtual environment suite
- Radiotherapy planning suite
- Endoscopy, and other specialist equipment
- A mock living environment to practise community care working
- Toshiba Viamo ultrasound
- Ultrasound scan-trainer
- Primus BTE
- Rehabilitation suites