LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional networking platform. It is used by both students and those in employment. It's never too early or too late to create a profile, so whatever your year of study why not give it a go…
We’ll answer these common questions about LinkedIn
- How can using LinkedIn benefit me?
- How do I create a LinkedIn profile?
- How can I improve my LinkedIn profile?
- How do I make the most of LinkedIn?
How can using LinkedIn benefit me?
LinkedIn helps to get you out there and provides a platform for you as an aspiring professional. You can think of your profile like an online CV but with more functionality. It's a way for you to network with others and to showcase yourself in a professional sense.
How do I create a LinkedIn profile?
You can set up a profile for free by going to the LinkedIn website.
Read our article on Optimising your Linkedin profile for recruiters.
How can I improve my LinkedIn profile?
- It might sound obvious but making sure that all sections are complete and kept updated can really help
- Make sure you have a profile picture and background image and avoid casual selfie-type snaps!
- Take a look at a range of other profiles and take inspiration around what works well
For more personalised advice, book an appointment with an Employability Adviser