As an international student, you have access to ALL the support and advice available to home students, both now and after you graduate. In addition, we offer a range of activities and advice just for you:
- Apply for our annual Hallam Achieve Programme, enhancing the employability of international students
- Get advice about starting your own business in the UK from our Enterprise Team
- Participate in any of our workshops during the academic year, especially the ones just for international students. We also run events in partnership with the International Experience Team for you to learn more about specific visas and jobs across the world
- See our information for Hallam students on National Insurance and tax
- Find out more on opportunities for Part-time and Campus jobs
Other help at Hallam
The International Experience Team offers visa support during your studies, and for post-study work routes.
Support outside Hallam
The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) have been supporting international students in the UK since 1968. As well as providing advice directly to international students, they provide up to date guidance on immigration, student finance, tuition fees, and student experience.
On the UKCISA website, you can find the most recent information for Tier 4 work, regarding employers, NIS, and tax. You can also find information about working in the UK after your studies, including more information on the Post Study Work Visa.
What else is helpful to know?
- Make use of all of our resources and support on graduate jobs. Regular graduate recruiters will be familiar with dealing with applications from international students.