How do I use AppsAnywhere at home?
When working off-campus you need to connect to the VPN BEFORE running AppsAnywhere to make the majority of apps available to use.
Mac users please note: AppsAnywhere only works in a Windows environment meaning that to use it on your own Mac you need Windows installed. You should then run both AppsAnywhere and the VPN in that environment. You can use Windows on your Mac by dual booting or by using Parallels. If you need Windows and don't have it installed on your Mac please see Free and Discounted software for information on how to get Windows 10 for free and Parallels at a discounted rate.
How do I use AppsAnywhere on campus?
- On a PC go to appsanywhere.shu.ac.uk
- AppsAnywhere will load and validate your account in order to present the applications available to you (students on certain courses will be able to access specialist software on a restricted licence). You may be asked to login using email@example.com and your usual University password
- A green banner will appear at the top of the page once validation is complete.
- You can then use the search box at the top right of the page to find the software you want to use. Each application has a title, a vendor and a description. These are all searchable; for example you can search for ‘Adobe’ to find all of the available Adobe products, or search for ‘video’ if you’d like to see all the apps that might help you edit a video file.
- Once you have found your app, simply click ‘Launch.’ This will then open the software