We know that many of our students and their families are being affected by the current cost of living, so we’ve put together a range of support to help.
Scholarships and funding
- The Student Success Scholarship scheme will open on 4 March. It’s available to UK undergraduate students and includes financial awards between £600 to £2,100.
- The Hallam Hardship Fund can help students who are experiencing unforeseen financial difficulties.
- The International Emergency Fund is available to support international students who have circumstances they could not have planned for.
- The Placement Bursary is available to help students financially during their undergraduate placement year.
- You can submit a request for a £35 Tesco voucher if you are unable to afford food, toiletries or other essential items.
- The Heller Bursary is available to second year students and provides funding up to £2,000 to pursue a passion outside your studies.
- Applications for the Brighter Future Grants are now open to all students until 29 March. We’re giving away 10 Brighter Futures Grants of £1000 to support your student experience.
- If you’re aged 18-21 you can benefit from £1.50 bus travel on selected services. With a pass single bus and tram fares in South Yorkshire have been capped, so you'll pay a maximum of £2 for any one-way journey.
- Free porridge or cereal when you buy a hot drink at breakfast time at Hallam Central and The Granary.
- Street food lunch boxes from £2.50 at Hallam Central and The Granary.
- Download the new Hallam Eat app to benefit from exclusive offers and discounts including a £3.40 meal deal.
- Receive 40p discount when buying a tea or coffee when you bring your own cup.
- There are hot water and microwave stations available at seven locations across campus.
Health and wellbeing
- If you feel anxious about your financial situation or it’s affecting your mental health, you can get support from our Wellbeing Team.
- There is support available for students experiencing period poverty.
- Library fines have been suspended, so you’ll no longer incur any late fees.
- The top 100 e-textbooks can be accessed for free, meaning you won’t need to pay for core textbooks.
- You can use our free learning platform, Blackbullion, which allows you to take control of your money and make better financial decisions.
Sport and fitness
- We’re offering eligible students support to take part in student sport through a Sport Hardship Fund in conjunction with our Students’ Union.
- We've frozen Team Hallam membership fees and you can now split your payment into two instalments.
* All funding support is assessed on eligibility
We also offer support and advice on managing your money and appointments with an adviser if you’d like to discuss your situation.
To find out more visit our student funding pages or visit the Students' Union for advice and support.