Work Based Learning - placement learning outcomes
These are the learning outcomes approved for the FdA Working with Children, Young People and Families. Work Based Learning 1 (WBL1) Learning outcomes.
Work Based Learning 1 (WBL1)
- Demonstrate awareness of the professional context and understand the role of reflective practice
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of professional boundaries and the legal and policy frameworks that inform and mandate work with children, young people and families
- Demonstrate an understanding of the application of theory, research, and evidence to practice
- Demonstrate the ability to develop supportive relationships and build effective communication and engagement with children, young people and their families
Work Based Learning 2 (WBL2)
- Demonstrate the ability to critically reflect upon and evaluate own practice with children from diverse backgrounds and with other professionals
- Demonstrate an understanding of the values and ethics of professional practice and how they have influenced professional development
- Demonstrate understanding of the purpose, roles and responsibilities of supervision
- Demonstrate the ability to apply theory, research and evidence and legal and policy frameworks to all aspects of practice with children, young people and families
Support for assessment in Practice
The Work Based Learning Agreement (PDF, 23.8KB) is the form that the student, their WBL tutor and placement supervisor use to record their agreement about how the student will be supported during the WBL placement and assessment in practice.
The Midway Review (DOCX, 121.1KB) is the form that the student, their WBL tutor and placement supervisor use to record the student's progress midway through the Work Based Learning placement, with reference to the WBL Agreement.
The Supervisor Summative Report (DOCX, 118.1KB) is used to record the supervisor's summative assessment of the student's overall performance over the course of the placement.
Process for Managing a Student who is not Progressing, including Refer and Failure of Placement Attempt
Please find guidance below on the process that will be followed if a student is not progressing in practice as expected: