Support for your arrival
Meet and Greet desk
There will be an on-campus Meet and Greet desk for all new international students. Our experienced student ambassadors will be available on campus to help with any enquiries. The desk will be open at the following times*:
11am – 4pm, Monday 8 January – Friday 12 January 2024
11am – 4pm, Monday 15 January – Friday 19 January 2024
12pm – 3pm, Monday 22 January – Friday 26 January 2024
You can find the desk in the entrance (Level 5) of the Owen Building, City Campus, Howard Street, Sheffield, S1 1WB.
Join our online pre-departure briefings where you'll find answers to all your questions you have about your arrival to Sheffield.
Choose one session from each briefing category:
- Visa, immigration, and preparing to travel
- Preparing for success
Visa, immigration, and preparing to travel
Our experienced advisers will cover the main steps you need to take for trouble-free travel to the UK. You will be able to ask specific questions at the end of the session if it indicates that a Q&A is included.
If you miss your dedicated regional briefing, you are welcome to attend our Rest of World briefing instead, see below.
- Thursday 16 November, 2 – 3.30pm UK Time - Presentation and Q&A
- Tuesday 21 November, 10 – 11.30am UK Time - Presentation and Q&A
Rest of World
- Monday 11 December, 9.30 – 11am UK Time - Presentation and Q&A
South Asia (India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal)
- Monday 6 November - 1 – 2.30pm UK Time - Presentation
- Monday 4 December - 1:30 – 3pm UK Time - Presentation and Q&A
- Friday 15 December - 1 – 2.30pm UK Time - Q&A
- Friday 17 November, 10 – 11.30am UK Time - Presentation and Q&A
Make sure to book your accommodation before you travel to the UK. Join us for this informative session where we'll provide top tips and expert advice for securing the perfect halls of residence or private accommodation. Plus, you'll have the opportunity to ask any questions that come to mind.
- Monday 20 November - 1 – 2pm UK Time - Presentation and Q&A
- Wednesday 6 December - 11am – 12pm UK Time - Presentation and Q&A
Preparing for success
In this session we will take you through what it takes to succeed academically and will point out the most important tasks you need to complete to prepare for academic study in the UK.
- Wednesday 29 November, 3.30 – 5pm UK Time
- Thursday 30 November, 11.30am – 1pm UK Time
More vital information
Enrolling for study
Watch this enrolment video tutorial to guide you step-by-step through the process.
Prepare to Study and Live in the UK
Register for this free Study UK online course, developed by The British Council. Be prepared for university study in the UK by familiarising yourself with UK culture and higher education.
*Dates subject to change.