Accommodation and moving

Accommodation and moving

Make your accommodation arrangements and get ready to move in.

Key tasks

Apply for accommodation

If you haven't already, you can still apply for University accommodation. We offer lots of options to suit different needs and budgets.

You can see inside our halls and find out how to apply on our accommodation pages.

International students

If you are an international student travelling without family or dependants, you are guaranteed student accommodation in our partner halls of residence close to the university campuses. Visit our Accommodation for international students page to find out more.

If you are an international student bringing your family or dependants and are looking for accommodation, please visit our Students with families page for more information. 

If you have questions about dependent visas and the changes to Student visa requirements from January 2024 please read our guidance here.

Arrival slots

If you are in halls of residence, look out for an email inviting you to book an arrival slot.

Booking a slot is important, as moving in days get very busy. Sticking to your slot helps control crowds around halls and traffic around the city.

Getting to campus

If you will be commuting to campus, make sure you know the route and how you plan to travel. Check our travel tips and building locations.

You can also join our Facebook commuter group to share tips with fellow commuters.

Council tax discounts

Depending on your living arrangements, you might be eligible for a council tax discount. Check Sheffield Council's discounts and exemptions page.

You will need to provide proof of your student status to get a discount. You can get this after you enrol. Look out for instructions in your enrolment confirmation email.

More on these topics

Residential support service

Related content