- Advanced PVD coatings
- Automation and robotics
- Corrosion and structural integrity
- Ceramics and Glass
- Hallam Energy
- The National HIPIMS Technology Centre
- Infrastructure management
- Materials modelling and complex flows
- Polymers and nanocomposites
- Biomedical applications of polymers and nanocomposites
- Characterisation of polymers and nancomposites
- Characterisation of polymers, minerals and organic-inorganic complexes
- Development of Optical Biosensing Methods for Detection of Toxins Produced by Algae
- Intumescent coatings
- Materials and Fluid Flow Modelling
- Molecular transport through PVOH nanocomposite films
- Polymer characterisation - Gelation mechanisms
- Shape Memory Polymers
- Spectroscopic characterisation of polymers and nanocomposites
- Vibrational spectroscopy in the study of hydrogels
Our research covers a broad range of topics, from semiconductors to concrete and from theoretical modelling to industrial applied coatings.
We have a wide range of experimental facilities and a comprehensive list is available here.
If you wish to see the work of a particular researcher please refer to our staff list.
Some of our research themes are listed below, together with links to useful pages.
For all individual staff publications please visit the Sheffield Hallam University Research Archive (SHURA) site.
Read about our performance in the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014.